Wednesday, January 23, 2013

In the Beginning

Roughly nine years ago, I got engaged, decided to move back to the Midwest, didn't get a job for several months, became the default wedding planning assistant, and typed some of the planning episodes into a word doc that grew to 70,000 words.  Tried sending it to a couple literary agents to no avail. 

In the summer of 2012, I finally committed to taking this word document, which was as long as a book and make it into a real book.  I engaged Createspace to formalize this process.  Another round of editing and then layouts and cover design.  Finally, on January 9, 2013 I had created an actual book.

I am going to use this blog to track my progress on selling 1,000,000 copies.  Yes that is a stretch goal, but I figure that would be enough to not have to write another book.

On January 23, 2013, I stand at 14 copies sold.  This is the impact of notifying friends and family and puts me at 0.0014% of my target.  I will make notes of my progress and what I am trying to do to get readership and mentions, etc.  I have taken a few steps already and will try and note those so you can follow along at home.

Accomplishments:  Typed "Drew Lloyd" into Amazon search enough times to get it to the top of the results.  That may be on my computer only, so someone may need to verify.

Short-term Goal: Get one of my dearest 14 friends and family to review the book on Amazon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment