Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Press Release & Contests

Units sold: 22
Amazon Sales Rank: #903,499 in Books

Selling books is not easy.  I am trying to get the marketing engine going.  Finally, today, I put the initial publicity release up on PRLog.  I need to add it to my "website."  My page o'info, more accurately.  I am hoping at least one person, contacts me regarding it. 

I am also entering a handful of self-published, independent writing contests.  I believe I will enter five total.

Writer's Digest Self-Published Awards - entered and mailed.
Next Generation Indie Book Awards - entered and mailed.
IndieReader Discovery Awards - entered.
The National Indie Excellence Book Awards - have info.
Independent Publisher Book Awards "IPPYs" - have info.

Also, I am going to submit to Midwest Book Review, in hopes of getting a review from there.

I still can't bring myself to pay $400 for a Kirkus Indie or BlueInk review. 

With the publicity release officially out.  I need to work on my power list from the main players in the wedding planning arena.  I think getting some kind of press there will be worth any effort it takes.  This will occupy my time until I can start winning contests.  But really, just an honorable mention in one would be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment