Friday, February 22, 2013

Momentum fading

Units sold: 22
Amazon Sales Rank: #1,219,312 in Books

It has been 2 1/2 weeks since a book sold. I have entered all five contests I mentioned last post.  My USPS helper failed to actually put tracking on all the envelopes as requested, so don't have a guarantee that some arrived.  But have heard from the IPPYs and IndieReader of receipt.  Results coming in the next 3 to 6 months.

Writer's Digest Self-Published Awards - October 14, 2013
Next Generation Indie Book Awards - May 15, 2013
IndieReader Discovery Awards - at 2013 Book Expo America, TBD (looks like end of May).
The National Indie Excellence Book Awards - May 15, 2013
Independent Publisher Book Awards "IPPYs" - about April 30th, medals May 29th at Expo

The Book Expo America appears to be a central event.  That may need to be added to the calendar.  It is in New York and Chelsea Handler is the Master of Ceremonies at the Thursday Author Breakfast, I think I can count in Christa.

Now I need some momentum heading into these awards.  Fate would have it, that my Goodreads contest ends on Oscar Sunday.  It seems like such a long time ago I put that into place.  I would say that their recommended length of contest is too long, but none the less, we will have 14 lucky winners shortly.  There are 190 people requesting it currently.  I only hope some of the 176 unlucky will be motivated to purchase, but more importantly I hope there is some positive feedback from the 14 winners.  Maybe a 2nd-chance offering quick contest would work too.

I began the emailing of the select bridal content editors this week, so far no one has responded.  My research indicated a initial contact was helpful vs. sending semi-anonymous packages, as mail rooms don't smile upon them.  No bites yet.  I'll start naming names soon.  

Onto the Book Expo website...

No comments:

Post a Comment